Dear Authors and Reviewers,
We want our submission guidelines and policy to be as author/reviewer-friendly and easy to use as possible. Below you can find all information you need to submit/review your paper to JEMI.
The process for submitting papers is OPEN all year long.
There are NO charges for having a paper published in JEMI.
Requirements for the Submission of manuscripts:
- Manuscripts should be written entirely in English and adjusted to the PAPER TEMPLATE (see below). Each paper should cover the sections:
- Abstract with 3-10 keywords (the abstract must cover: purpose; design/methodology/research approach; findings /research and practical implications/originality/value.
- Introduction (rationale for study, whether aim and research question(s), gaps are identified/ if pertinent literature is reviewed, research reviewed and critiqued, important terms defined).
- Literature Review (demonstration of an adequate understanding of the relevant literature, up to date sources, significant work(s) ignored or not); the author's position towards other researchers and researches).
- Methodology (comment whether a sample is correct, data-gathering methods or procedures are described, the procedures and analytic technique(s) described).
- Analysis and discussion of the results (comment whether the results are made properly, compared and contrasted with relevant literature conclusions drawn logically, tables and figures elaborated and discussed correctly. Tone of the article displays an unbiased, impartial scientific attitude).
- Conclusion(s) (comment whether conclusions are related to the aim and research questions, hypotheses, implications for research and practice and directions for further research are introduced, limitation of the analysis is presented).
- Acknowledgment(s) (if any)
- References (APA Style 6th ed.)
- Biographical note(s)
- Abstrakt (in Polish, see the PAPER TEMPLATE)
- Manuscripts will not be reviewed by or be sent to any other publication during the period of review.
- Manuscripts report the elaboration of theory or empirical results that have not been published previously.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Word, Times New Roman 12pt. font without columns.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in the American Psychological Association Publication Guide (APA) 6th edition. Guidelines for citation can be found below. All the references must have a DOI number. Use the free DOI lookup here: https://www.crossref.org/guestquery/ Put them in the format as follow (e.g., https://doi.org/10.7341/20201611)
- We welcome all empirical methods including, but not limited to, qualitative, quantitative, field work, laboratory, meta-analysis, and the combination of methods or mixed methods.
- Manuscripts should include the title and author’s name and surname on the first page only (use this TITLE PAGE) because of blind review purposes. Do not write the name, surname and author’s note in the rest of the paper.
- Manuscripts should typically be no less than 8000 words up to 12 000 words (including tables, figures, and references), single-spaced, the font size and type: 12 pt, Times New Roman.
- We require an abstract of 500-700 words and the keywords (3-10) of the article. This should be written in the same file as the manuscript. The abstract must cover: purpose; design/methodology/research approach; findings /research and practical implications/originality/value.
- Figures and tables should be delivered in the text and should be numbered consecutively (Table 1, Figure 2).
- JEL codes are required: https://www.aeaweb.org/econlit/jelCodes.php
- ORCID ID and account number are required at https://orcid.org. If author(s) could provide their ORCID number, this would allow linking the paper with their ORCID profile, and ultimately get higher visibility for the journal and authors.
- Authors are required to submit a DECLARATION FOR AUTHORS.
- Authors are required to present the Disclosure statement: No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors or Potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors with the explanation.
- Biographical notes are also required.
- Before submitting an article, each author should read the EASE Guidelines for Authors of Scientific Articles to be Published in English.
- Please find attached below a title page, paper template, an example of a reference list, a declaration, and a review forms (general and statistical) with the review criteria:
- TITLE PAGE
- PAPER TEMPLATE
- REFERENCE STYLE
- DECLARATION FOR AUTHORS
- REVIEW FORM
- STATISTICAL REVIEW FORM
To evaluate each submitted publication, at least two independent reviewers will be appointed. The adopted solution is a model in which the author(s) and reviewers do not know their identities (the so-called "double-blind peer review process"). The review is in writing and ends with an unequivocal conclusion as to whether the article is accepted for publication/ is rejected. The publication will be approved/rejected if the merit criteria and the editing criteria are/are not met.
Ghostwriting and guest authorship
Reliability is one of the foundations on which we build quality in science. Readers should be absolutely certain that the authors of the publication transparently, reliably and honestly present the results of their work, irrespective of whether they are its direct authors or whether they used the support of some specialized entity (natural or legal person). The proof of the scientist's ethical behavior and the highest editorial standards should be found in the openness of information concerning the subjects contributing to the publication (merit, material, financial and other contributions). This is a reflection of not only decency but also of social responsibility.
"Ghostwriting" takes place when someone made a significant contribution to the creation of the publication, but their role was not revealed either as one of the authors or in the acknowledgments included in the article. "Guest authorship" ("honorary authorship") happens when the author's contribution is negligible or when the contribution never occurred and yet they are the author/co-author of the publication. All discovered cases will be exposed, including passing this information to relevant entities (institutions employing the authors, scientific societies, associations of scientific editors, etc.).
To prevent any cases of "ghostwriting" and "guest authorship" the editors oblige the authors to submit a signed declaration on this matter.
IMPORTANT NOTES - Copyright and Open Access License
JEMI is an Open Access journal published under the terms of the Creative Commons CC-BY.
The Author, by publishing the Work in JEMI, grants a CC-BY license, which allows for the copying, changing, distribution, showing and performing of the Work, with the retention of the copyright to the Work.
The license may change, distribute, show or perform the Work only under the condition that attribution is given by indicating the first and last name (or pseudonym) of the author, the title of the Work, the source of the Work and the type of license.
More information on the CC-BY license is available at:
JEMI uses the digital archiving policy and deposit policy directory of the National Library of Poland.
Academic ethics policy
We suggest that all potential contributors to the Journal, reviewers, and readers duly follow this guidance in order to avoid any misconceptions in academic writing.
Editors and reviewers will blind referee all manuscripts following the guidelines explicitly highlighted by COPE http://publicationethics.org
The publisher and Journal have a strict policy on plagiarism. We check for any plagiarism issues using two methods: a plagiarism prevention tool (plagiat.pl) and a review check. All submissions will be checked through Plagiat.pl before being sent to reviewers.
As in many other journals the Editorial Board:
"Follows the rules on academic writing and academic ethics, according to the work by M. Roig (2003; 2006) Avoiding plagiarism, self-plagiarism, and other questionable writing practices: A guide to ethical writing, available online at http://www.cse.msu.edu/~alexliu/plagiarism.pdf.